Goldmine is UNC Charlotte’s home for digital primary source materials from J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections and University Archives (SCUA) that relate to Charlotte regional history. Types of content that can be found in Goldmine include photographs, documents, correspondence, publications, oral history interviews, audio recordings, and video recordings. Access to materials in Goldmine is free and available to all.
Only a small portion of all of the materials held by SCUA can be found in Goldmine. Discover more of UNC Charlotte’s archival materials and rare books at our finding aids website, or search our library catalog.
Goldmine is built on the open-source Islandora platform, and UNC Charlotte is a member of the active Islandora development community.
The Goldmine team includes:
Special Collections and University Archives
- Dawn Schmitz - Associate Dean for Special Collections & University Archives
- Tyler Cline - Digital Archivist
- Rita Johnston - Digital Production Librarian
- Joseph Nicholson - Metadata Librarian
Technology & Digital Strategies
- Bob Price - Associate Dean for Technology & Digital Strategies
- Brad Spry - Software Developer/Architect
- Ryan Miller - Graphic Designer