Rebecca A. Croxton
Dr. Rebecca (Becky) Croxton is the Head of Assessment for J. Murrey Atkins Library at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. She earned a PhD in educational studies, a doctoral minor in educational research methods, and her MLIS degree from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro (UNCG). Becky is a regular adjunct lecturer for UNCG and has taught a variety of courses including Data Visualization and Media Production Services. She previously worked as a Reference Librarian at both Johnson & Wales University’s Charlotte campus and Central Piedmont Community College. She is an active researcher and has published numerous articles and presented nationally on a variety of topics including quantifying the value of the academic library, online learning, professional identity development, and information seeking needs, preferences, and motivation of undergraduate students. She is a member of Association of College & Research Library’s Value of Academic Libraries Committee and is actively involved in the Library Leadership & Management Association (LLAMA) Assessment Community of Practice.
Recent Citations for Rebecca Croxton
- Assessment of library instruction for freshmen engineering students
- Atkins Library open access publishing whitepaper
- From matriculation to graduation : alignment of library data with university metrics to quantify library value
- Quantifying library engagement : aligning library, institutional, and student success data
- Quantifying the value of the academic library